TO RETURN TO ANDREA'S WEB SITE, CLICK HERE: www.andreaboeshaar.com

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Allow Me To Introduce Myself


"Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book." —Jeremiah 30:2b KJV

My name is Andrea Kuhn Boeshaar. I've been married for more than 30 years. My husband, Daniel, and I have three adult sons, daughters-in-law, and two precious grandchildren. My educational background includes the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, where I studied in English, and Alverno College where I studied in Professional Communications and Business Management.

I've been writing stories and poems since I was a little girl; however, it wasn't until 1984 that I started submitting my work for publication. Eight years after that, I was convicted about writing for the Christian market. I read books in my genre (Inspirational Romance and Women's Fiction), studied the market, and worked hard to hone my craft.

Finally my first Christian romance novel was published in 1994. Since then I've written numerous articles and devotionals. I've also published about 30 Christian/inspiration romance novels, novellas, and women's fiction.

In 2003, I joined the Hartline Literary Agency and worked for Joyce Hart as a literary agent. I saw much success. But then in 2007, I realized I was more of a teacher/encourager than a sales person. I left the agency and became a certified Christian life coach. Now, in addition to my writing, I enjoy encouraging others to use their God-given talents and gifts to their fullest.

In 2008, I was privileged to be one of Summerside Press' launch authors for its Love Finds You line of romances. My story, "Love Finds You in Miracle, Kentucky" was released last October.

I've taught workshops at such writers conferences as: Write-To-Publish; American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW); Oregon Christian Writers Conference; Mount Hermon Writers Conference and many local writers conferences. I also speak at various churches and women's groups.

Another of my accomplishments is co-founder of the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) organization. For many years I served on both its Advisory Board and as its CEO.

To see all my books, please visit my website at: http://www.andreaboeshaar.com/


So you might say that, next to the Lord and my family, I love everything writerly!

No comments: