TO RETURN TO ANDREA'S WEB SITE, CLICK HERE: www.andreaboeshaar.com

Friday, February 18, 2011

LEAVING ON A JET PLANE

Leaving On A Jet Plane…

Except I know when I’ll be back again.

Tomorrow before 6:00am my flight to Texas will take off. I’m attending a writers’ retreat there. In attendance will be some of the CBA’s most gifted writers and I feel privileged to be spending time with them. My intention had been to grill these successful writers on their marketing strategies. You see, that’s an excruciating thing for me – marketing myself and my books.

However, in the last couple of weeks, God showed me a remarkable fact: I don’t have to be number one. In fact, I’m NOT number one. Sad that I'm a slow learner and have to experience this lesson over and over. *sigh*

Even so, I am important to Him and He wants to use me to further His heavenly kingdom. Perhaps I’m the sower of the Lord’s precious seed. Maybe I'll water what has already been sown in the hearts of my readers. In either event, I didn’t begin writing and publishing in the Christian market to become a star. I dedicated the past 20 years to writing stories and nonfiction pieces that honor the Savior, Jesus Christ.


So, now, back to my writers’ retreat. What I hope to accomplish this week is: 1) relax and pray; 2) write 2 ½ chapters on my WIP (work in progress), after all, this is a writers' retreat and writers write; 3) interview some of the authors in attendance and feature them on this blog in coming months. Stay tuned.

I’ll be sure to report back and let you know how it all plays out.

1 comment:

Jillian Kent said...

You are blessed to go on retreat. Enjoy!