TO RETURN TO ANDREA'S WEB SITE, CLICK HERE: www.andreaboeshaar.com

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Power of Two, Three -- and Twenty-three

I'm so excited! I'm registered to attend Tracie J. Peterson's winter writers retreat in Texas next month. I purchased my airline tickets last week. Plans have been made. I'll meet a friend at the Houston airport, we'll rent a car, and, before driving north to the retreat center, we'll head south to the ocean.

I'm looking forward to spending time with my friend. She has a lot of great story ideas. We'll talk about our joint projects and do some research on them, and then we'll drive on up to the retreat center. There we'll meet more friends.

Twenty authors, some published, some unpublished, will come together to spend days of praise to the Lord Jesus and quiet time in prayer and writing. The retreat's focus is primarily a spiritual one because, in removing obstacles from our hearts, through prayer, God can inspire and direct -- and redirect.
Jesus said, "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
As Christians we know the power of more than one -- more than just ourselves. One really is "the loneliest number there could ever be!" Remember that old song? The truth is, se can't tackle issues regarding our writing careers alone. We need God's power, just as the lamps in our living rooms or offices need to be plugged into an electric outlet, in order to shine.

Sure, you many already know and understand this principle. But when is the last time God has blessed your writing career in a way you never thought possible? If it's been a while, your dream of getting published may have dwindled. You might have settled for mediocrity instead of aspiring to greatness. If that's the case, meeting with like-minded authors is beneficial, even necessary.


In March I'm heading up a 1-day seminar. Three workshops led by published authors will be offered. They will be like "fireside chats" as the seminar will be held at Fireside Books in West Bend, Wisconsin.  If you're in the area, I invite you to attend. It's open to everyone, not just Christian authors. But, I guarantee, you'll leave inspired.

And inspired because you're not alone. There's not only safety in numbers, there's power in numbers too!

Email me to register at: andrea@andreaboeshaar.com

3 comments:

Sandy said...

It's obvious you're a good writer, Andrea. Have fun at your retreat.

Although, I write romantic suspense, I'm still a Christian. Enjoyed your blog very much.

Jaime Wright said...

Ooooh I so wanted to go to this confernece with the Petersons! Enjoy and I look forward to a full report! :)

Liz Tolsma said...

Wow, I'm jealous. I would have loved to have gone. But I am looking forward to the seminar in March!! Let's do lunch soon.